A SON has been acquitted of homicide after he stabbed his father to loss of life whereas defending his mum from a violent assault.
Alex Pompa, 20, was acquitted on Wednesday within the Court docket of Assizes, Turin, within the Piedmont area, Italy.
Alex Pompa, centre, spoke to the media after he was cleared of murdering his dad[/caption]
Alex was stated to have stabbed his father ‘dozens’ of occasions earlier than he referred to as the cops[/caption]
He was accused of the homicide of his dad, Giuseppe, who was killed within the close by city of Collegno on April 30 final 12 months.
The younger man allegedly stabbed his father “dozens” of occasions earlier than calling the emergency providers himself.
His dad was pronounced lifeless on the scene.
Alex has now walked away a free man after judges dominated he had killed his dad to guard his mum from a horrific episode of home violence.
Native media together with Fanpage reported the person continuously beat his spouse, who stated of her son within the courtroom: “If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be right here at the moment.”
Most learn in Information
The judges concluded that the younger man’s actions “[did] not represent against the law”.
Testimony from the defendant’s mum, brother, have been key in his acquittal, with the younger man telling the judges: “My father was a sick man, obsessive about jealousy and management over my mom.”
Court docket paperwork catalogued over 300 threats directed by the dad in direction of his spouse and youngsters.
Giuseppe Pompa, 52, was stated to be so violent that Alex and his brother, Loris, has lengthy since stopped going out at night time for worry of leaving their mom alone with him.
And when the Covid lockdown arrived in March, the violence solely acquired worse, the courtroom heard.
How one can get assist
Ladies's Assist has this recommendation for victims and their households:
- At all times maintain your cellphone close by.
- Get in contact with charities for assist, together with the Ladies’s Assist reside chat helpline and providers similar to SupportLine.
- If you’re in peril, name 999.
- Familiarise your self with the Silent Resolution, the place you name 999 and press ‘55’ for those who can’t safely communicate.
- At all times maintain some cash or a financial institution card on you, together with change in case you want a pay cellphone or bus fare.
- When you suspect your companion is about to assault you, attempt to transfer in direction of an exit if you’re inside the home and get your cellphone in case you have to name for assist.
- Keep away from the kitchen and storage, the place there are prone to be knives or different potential weapons. Keep away from rooms the place you may develop into trapped, similar to the lavatory.
Ladies’s Assist supplies a reside chat service – obtainable each day from 10am-6pm or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SupportLine is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6pm to 8pm on 01708 765200. The charity’s e-mail assist service is open weekdays and weekends in the course of the disaster – email@example.com.
You may also name the freephone 24-hour Nationwide Home Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.
On the night time of the crime, Giuseppe arrived dwelling from work indignant and drank a number of glasses of wine earlier than taking out his frustration on his spouse, prompting Alex to seize a knife and stab his dad quite a few occasions.
He instantly confessed his actions to the police, and the Court docket of Overview accepted his legal professionals’ request to permit him to serve his custody interval below home arrest.
In an interview with La Repubblica following his acquittal, he stated: “Now I simply need to go dwelling and get my life again. See the Inter match, have dinner with my household. Make a journey, a traditional life.”
Alex instantly confessed his actions to the police[/caption]
Alex, proper, along with his lawyer Claudio Strata[/caption]
We pay to your tales!
Do you could have a narrative for The Solar information desk?
Electronic mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or name 0207 782 4104. You may WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for movies too.
Click on right here to add yours.
Click on right here to get The Solar newspaper delivered for FREE for the following six weeks.